Staff support networks help improve our understanding of minority issues and ensure they’re reflected through our work. They give officers, staff and volunteers the chance to share their experiences and concerns and help us learn from our mistakes and successes.
If you’re thinking about a career with Essex Police you might like to know about some we have available:
- Minority and Ethnic Support Association (MESA)
- The Essex Police Branch of the Christian Police Association (CPA)
- The Disability Network
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Network
- The Women's Leadership and Development Forum (WLDF)
- The Catholic Police Guild
Specially trained staff also run support networks to give guidance and advice to their colleagues should they need it.
- The Worklife Balance Network - for working parents and carers
- Fairplay Advisors Network - volunteer grievance advisors
- TRiM - Trauma Risk Management
Each group nominates a representative to sit on our Equality and Diversity Group, a strategic meeting held quarterly.