Business and venue closures
Some businesses and venues must stay closed to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Many businesses in England are allowed to open, including:
- pubs, cafes and restaurants
- all shops
- cinemas, theatres and concert halls
- hotels, campsites and other accommodation
- gyms and playgrounds
- museums, galleries, zoos and other attractions
- nail bars, beauty salons and tanning salons, massage, tattoo and piercing parlours
- swimming pools and water parks
Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
All shops are allowed to open in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Restaurants, cafes and pubs are allowed to serve outdoors in Wales, and open in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Reporting a business which should not be open
Local authority environmental health and trading standards officers are usually responsible for enforcing regulations around the closure of businesses.
Please only contact us about a business if you think there is a serious breach of the rules.