What to bring with you
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or registering a change in your circumstances, use the checklist below to make sure you bring all the relevant documents.
- two current passport-sized photos for a new certificate, or
- one current passport-sized photo for a transfer to Essex from another county in the UK, or
- no photos if you are just updating your certificate
- Biometric Residence Permit (also known as BRP)
- letter from the Home Office (If BRP applied in the UK)
- proof of work or study and details (confirmation letter from university/CAS or employment contract)
- proof of address in the Essex area, for example a tenancy agreement or letter of confirmation from university (including room number)
- details of your last address in your home country
- £34 in exact cash (no payment needed for an update)
Please make sure you arrive ten minutes before your appointment time – if you're late, we won't be able to deal with your registration.