What to bring with you
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or registering a change in your circumstances, use the checklist below to make sure you bring all the relevant documents.
- Biometric Residence Permit (also known as BRP)
- letter from the Home Office (If BRP applied in the UK)
- proof of work or study and details (confirmation letter from university/CAS or employment contract)
- proof of address in the Essex area, for example a tenancy agreement or letter of confirmation from university (including room number)
- £34 in exact cash, if not already paid online (no payment needed for an update or transfer to Essex from another Force )
Please make sure you arrive ten minutes before your appointment time – if you're late, we won't be able to deal with your registration.