Stansted Airport Plane Watch is run by Essex Police and based at Stansted Airport Police Station.
The watch scheme aims to:
- create links between the police and aviation enthusiasts
- help us to protect the airport from criminals and defeat terrorist threats against aviation
- occasionally allow members to spot planes from a normally restricted area of the airport
- provide a forum to exchange views and information and post photographs
Members are given a welcome pack, lanyard and identification card to show at the airport.
We keep in touch with member by email or letter to let you know how you can help. We’ll let you know what we’re looking for and who you can contact to report anything suspicious.
The identification card strictly prohibits members gaining access to any restricted area within the airport. It does not give members any additional rights over any other member of the public.
How to join Plane Watch
To apply to join Plane Watch, please complete an application form (see downloads at the bottom of this page) and post it to:
Stansted Airport Plane Watch Scheme
When you post us the form, please include:
- two passport-size photographs
- photo identification, such as a photocopy of a passport or driving licence
- confirmation of your home address, such as a photocopy of a utility bill.
Essex Police will carry out checks on the details you provide. We reserve the right to refuse applications without explanation.
If you have any queries, please email us.
Please also read the Plane Watch terms and conditions (see downloads below).