Essex Police - Chelmsford
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex is seeking to appoint a new Chief Constable to lead the Force and deliver his vision for policing from September 2018.
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner seeks:
- An innovator capable of navigating current partnerships and developing new ones to enhance a local, visible and accessible policing service across Essex
- An inspirational leader who will continue to develop strong and effective teams where everyone counts
- A role model who will in everything they do reflect the values, ethics and behaviours that all officers and staff will look up to and follow
- An officer with proven ability to turn vision into reality through delivering successful operational outcomes which are in line with the Police and Crime Plan, with a particular focus on protecting vulnerable people
- A decisive and engaging communicator who is focussed on the business of policing but compassionate about its people
- An advocate of professionalism in policing with the strongest operational CV and unrivalled levels of energy and integrity
For more information and an application pack for this opportunity please email Richard Leicester, Head of Human Resources at [email protected] or telephone 01622 653312.
Closing date for applications to be returned is noon on Friday May 25, 2018.
Shortlisting will be completed by Friday June 1, 2018 and the selection process will take place during week commencing Monday June 11, 2018. A briefing session for short-listed candidates will be held on Wednesday June 6, 2018.
The appointment will be subject to a Confirmation Hearing of the Police, Fire and Crime Panel. Applicants will be required to meet the minimum eligibility criteria as outlined within the College of Policing Guidance for appointing Chief Officers (Section 1.1)