Billericay Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Billericay
Billericay is a town and civil parish in the Borough of Basildon. It is very much a commuter town, 28 miles east of central London. The town has a population of about 30,000 people, three secondary schools and a variety of parks and open spaces. It has an attractive high street with national chains and local shops and a vibrant leisure economy with plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants. The town has a low crime rate, but does suffer from some crime trends and issues with the night time economy and anti-social behaviour.
A Billericay Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please fill in the initial application form below. Billericay would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.