Buckhurst Hill Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Buckhurst Hill
Buckhurst Hill is a town and civil parish in the Epping Forest District of Essex. The town is connected to London by the Central Line Tube with two stations (Buckhurst Hill and Roding Valley). The Town borders the London Borough of Redbridge and due to the excellent transport links this offers unique policing challenges due to the cross border criminality. Offences of burglary and car crime are significant areas that form the priority for Essex Police in Buckhurst Hill. Buckhurst Hill has a small high street made up of independent shops and cafes.
A Buckhurst Hill Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please fill in the initial application form below. Buckhurst Hill would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.