Burnham Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Burnham
Burnham on Crouch is a rural Essex town 50 miles east of central London with a population of 8000+. It is famous for its beautiful waterfront and vibrant sailing/watersports scene. It has a small beach, a public pontoon and a ferry offering trips to local seal colonies. It is well served with pre-schools, primary schools and a secondary school. The old High Street features a range of shops, from supermarkets to old-fashioned hardware stores, plus a wide choice of restaurants and pubs – some built in the 1600s. The main crime issues are based around anti-social behaviour.
A Burnham Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Burnham would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.