Danbury Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Danbury
Danbury is a large village situated between Maldon and Chelmsford on the busy A414. The parish has a total population of around 6,500 people and has retained its rural character with many beautiful walks and places of interest and is in close proximity to the National Trust owned Danbury Common. The parish has a large amount of recreational land with play equipment and sport facilities along with a Bowling Club and Tennis Club. There are primary schools, public houses, a Sports & Social Club and a village hall along with a variety of businesses including supermarkets, petrol stations, convenience stores, estate agents, hairdressers making Danbury a busy, sustainable village.
A Danbury Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Danbury would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.