Great Burstead and South Green Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Great Burstead and South Green
The village of Great Burstead and South Green has approximately 8,000 residents, 2,700 households and much of it is surrounded by countryside and farmland. The village has very good amenities such as two primary schools, three community halls, a GP surgery, a parade of varied shops at South Green, two restaurants, two parks and the church of St Mary Magdalene. The church dates back to the 12th century which gives an indication of the history of the area. The majority of homes are in South Green which is the newer part of the village.
The village is adjacent to the nature conservation area of Mill Meadows which is great for observing local wildlife, dog walking and picnics. Many residents enjoy living in the village and they tend to put down roots and stay.
A Great Burstead and South Green Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please fill in the initial application form below. Great Burstead and South Green would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.