Great Wakering Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Great Wakering
Great Wakering is a medium sized Parish lying to the east of the county. It has a population of approximately 6000 people with new housing developments being built. The Parish has a primary school, residential properties for the elderly, a number of licensed premises and several open spaces. Local issues include illegal parking, speeding and some anti-social behaviour with small gatherings of youths sometimes being seen as an issue
A Great Wakering Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Great Wakering would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.