Heybridge Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Heybridge
Heybridge is a civil parish and large village, large enough to be a town in the district of Maldon. Heybridge has a three small supermarkets, vets, florist, dentist, many situated around the Bentalls Shopping Complex. It is the home to the popular Heybridge Swifts Football club and is subject to a huge planning development bringing 1500 new homes to the village. The Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation canals runs from Beeleigh through Heybridge and terminates at Heybridge Basin. Heybridge Basin is home to two public houses and a tea room.
A Heybridge Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Heybridge would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.