Ingatestone and Fryerning Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Ingatestone and Fryerning
Ingatestone and Fryerning Parish is a scenic rural community based in the borough of Brentwood. With a total population of around 4000 people, the parish demographic represents a mixture of young and old. Ingatestone High Street and surrounding area boasts three schools, a range of pubs and restaurants with a wide variety of shops also. The parish has two large recreational playing areas which host Football in the winter and Cricket in the summer. Places of interest include Ingatestone Hall home of the Petre family since the 16th century and Ingatestone Parish church which dominates the Ingatestone and Fryerning skyline. There is a very low crime rate but there are occasional acts of vandalism and anti-social crime including drug-taking and verbal abuse.
An Ingatestone and Fryerning Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Ingatestone and Fryerning would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.