Leigh-on-Sea Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Leigh-on-Sea
Only 40 miles from London, Leigh-on-Sea is a popular commuter town within the Borough of Southend-on-Sea in Essex. The town’s origins as a busy fishing village are still apparent in Old Leigh, with a vibrant hub of shops, pubs and restaurants up on the Broadway. Leigh-on-Sea benefits from its own beach, parks and many community facilities. Home to over 17,000 people within the Town Council Boundary, overall Leigh-on-Sea has a low crime rate, but does experience some crime trends and pockets of anti-social behaviour.
A Leigh-on-Sea Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please fill in the initial application form below. Leigh-on-Sea would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.