Mayland Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Mayland
Mayland is a rural village on the Dengie Peninsula, only 17 miles from Chelmsford in Essex. The village houses 4,800 people who enjoy being close to the River Blackwater. There are two sailing clubs and a variety of restaurants and shops. There are many community groups within Mayland and a lovely park where football, dog walking, tennis and other groups meet. Villagers enjoy a quiet life on the whole but it does experience some anti-social behaviour especially during the summer months.
A Mayland Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Mayland would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.