West Bergholt Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in West Bergholt
West Bergholt is a large rural Essex village lying near the border of Essex and Suffolk. It is situated just outside and to the North-west of Colchester and has a population of around 3,500 consisting of about 1,400 households. The village has a thriving primary school, pre-school, 3 pubs and 2 established churches. Facilities also consist of a busy doctor’s surgery and a small number of shops, including a chemist and post office. The parish has a low crime rate but does suffer from occasional antisocial behaviour and parking issues, along with sporadic rural crime.
A West Bergholt Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please fill in the initial application form below. West Bergholt would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.