Museum - Education Volunteer
Based at the Essex Police Museum, Headquarters. Chelmsford. Some events may require working at other sites.
Minimum of two educational visits per month. A typical visit will last from 10am to 2pm.
- Attend the Essex Police Museum at times and days of the week as agreed with the Curator in advance. (Monday – Saturdays, daytime; flexible)
- Assist the Curator during educational visits (both schools, home schooling and children’s groups) for children aged 2-11 years.
- Support the Curator at school events and external community events
- Supervise children and assist them with activities to ensure learning aims are met
- Work with the Curator to ensure visits run to schedule
- Escort the group around HQ
- Set up and pack down the resources needed for each session
- Staff the museum shop
- Assist the Curator with special educational events, such as CSI Workshops during school holidays
Note: You will not staff an education visit alone and will always be supported by the Curator or one other volunteer.
- Personal email (for use by the Curator for communication)
- Basic IT literacy – Email, Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate information to children of all ages
To be provided:
- Basic First Aid
- Fire and Security Training
- GDPR & Data Protection
- Role-specific knowledge
IT skills and requirements
Equality Act considerations
All museum areas are wheelchair accessible though external events may not be.