Essex Police Pension Board degree of disablement flow chart
The Chief Constable as Scheme Manager has agreed the objectives and planning assumptions as follows:
- The process to be adopted must discharge the PPA’s legal obligations, including meeting his legal commitments to honour injury benefit payments at a level to which each pensioner is entitled.
- It is not about savings or cost cutting – there will be no savings target
- The process shall be fair and transparent, having proper regard to the welfare of those affected
PPA apply selection criteria of those that are
Longest since / most overdue a (scheduled) review and remove those IBP’s who met the following criteria:
- All IB pensioners aged 72 and over;
- IB pensioners who have been diagnosed as terminally ill; and
- IB pensioners who have received their Injury Award within the last 3 years unless the Selected Medical Practitioner (SMP) had recommended that their case be reviewed within a shorter period.
Pensioner is advised of selection criteria and asked to give medical consent (please follow the link that applies):